USBOXLA presents Pennsylvania’s Premier Box Lacrosse Travel Team that brings the state’s best players together to compete on the national stage. Coached by NLL players, coaches, and veterans, Penn*Lax All Stars delivers the best staff for the states most talented players to expand their game in new and dynamic ways. Information on team tryouts below. Four teams. Open to 5th-12th grade players.
- Platinum (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Silver (2020/2021)
- Advance (2022/2023)
- Rise (2024/2025)
Rise and Advance Teams (5/6 and 7/8)
8am-10am, Dec 2, 9, 16, 23, Jan 6, 20, 27
XL Sports World, 2278 N Penn Rd, Hatfield, PA 19440
Silver and Platinum Teams (JV and Varsity)
2-4pm, Dec 2, 9, 16, 23, Jan 6, 20, 27
Maplezone Sports Institute, 1451 Conchester Hwy, Garnet Valley, PA 19061
NorthEast Regional Championship (Rise, Advance, Silver and Platinum) Hatfield, PA – Dec 29/30
Winter Classic (Rise and Advance) Hatfield, PA – Jan 13/14
Best In Box (Silver and Platinum) Reading, PA – Jan 15
Upstate Winter Shootout (Rise, Advance, Silver) Rochester, NY – Feb 3/4
Garden State Box Shootout (Platinum) Edison, NJ – Feb 4
Philly Founder’s Cup (Platinum, Silver, and Advance Training Teams) Vorhees, NJ – Feb 10
- Kevin Crowley is a current NLL and MLL star and was the #1 pick in both pro league drafts. Coach Crowley won the world championships with team Canada as well as MVP honors scoring 5 goals against team USA. Kevin will lend his expertise to all Penn*Lax teams. Also new to the staff this year is Todd MacFarlane, former NLL player, life long coach and mentor. Coach MacFarlane will help with Penn*Lax program management as well as coach the high school Platinum and Silver teams.
- High School Platinum Team (10-12 eligible): Adam Mueller, is a NLL veteran player and Coach for the New York Titans where he was named NLL coach of the year. Coach Mueller is also currently the offensive coordinator for Team USA Indoor. Eric Hoffman a local product out of Pennridge High School, was an NLL veteran with the Philadelphia Wings until being forced out with injury. Coach Hoffman is the strength and conditioning coordinator at Ursinus College.
- High School Silver Team (9/10 eligible): Luke Wiles, is a former 3-time NLL All-Star most recently starring with the Buffalo Bandits. Coach Wiles is an Ontario Canada native and is the current Head Coach of Archbishop Carrol High School. Matthew McCormick, was a two-time Captain at Drexel University and recently was named to the 75th anniversary Drexel Team. Coach McCormick is a USBOXLA certified coach and director with Fusion lacrosse, he is also the current defensive coordinator at Malvern Prep.
- Advance Team (7/8 Eligible): Alex Turner, was an 8-year veteran of the NLL most recently with the Colorado Mammoth. Coach Turneris a British Colombia Canadian native and currently coaches at both Fusion and Tri-State lacrosse clubs. Tom Slate: Coach Slate was a phenomenal long time professional player for the Philadelphia Wings. Coach Slate was also an assistant Coach for a number of years for the Wings and was a both a head coach and assistant Coach in the MLL for the San Francisco Dragons, Denver Outlaws, and Boston Cannons.
- Rise Team (5/6 eligible): Steven Holmes, is a former 8-year veteran with the Philadelphia Wings and San Jose Stealth. Coach Holmes currently is a defenseman with the New York Lizards of the MLL and was a long time defensive coordinator at Malvern Prep and volunteer assistant at the University of Virginia, his alma matter, winning a national championship in 2011. Joey Sankey, current MLL standout and All American from UNC will join Coach Holmes on the 5/6A Penn*Lax staff. An excellent role model for young players to emulate, Joey continues to have success on the field using balance, speed and toughness to get to the goal against the game’s best defensemen. Coach Sankey is the founder of Sankey Lacrosse / Team11 and also coaches at his high school alma matter, Penn Charter.